Monday, July 8, 2013

Adult Root Beer Floats


It has been hot in Fairbanks. It reached 94°F last Wednesday.  Now, I'm not complaining (unlike most of the town, and my husband), we are just not used to weather in the 90s.  It is also very dry and so we are experiencing lots of fires.  One little spark can set off hundreds of acres of woods, and then we breath smoke (that, I'm complaining about).  PEOPLE be careful!

So to cool off, I call upon a childhood favorite, the root beer float.  I could go into details about the summer my dad decided he could make root beer and it was so awful the flies wouldn't even drink it, but I won't.  I'll just think fondly of the drive in restaurant (we didn't get to go to because we had "Perfectly good root beer at home.") that served root beer in those frosty mugs they brought to your car.  And, if you were really lucky you got a scoop of vanilla ice cream in it.  Wow, that was heaven.

So, no home made crap treasures here ( I am referring to the root beer because home made ice cream would be just awesome in this), just store bought stuff.  Root beer, vanilla vodka, and good vanilla ice cream. Bring those hot temperatures on.

Adult Root Beer Floats
1 can/bottle root beer, (I use A&W diet because I'm all about saving calories), cold
1 shot vanilla vodka, keep the bottle in the freezer
1-2 scoops good vanilla ice cream (go for 2, you saved calories with the diet root beer)

Pour vodka in glass, top with root beer to fill glass about 2/3 full.  Carefully add ice cream, finish filling glass with root beer.  Enjoy.

July 8, 2013   Sunrise 3:31 am  Sunset 12:21 am   Temp. H 68/ L 53°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.