Monday, August 15, 2016

Saving A Life


I know I haven't been very consistent with blogging the last couple of months.  I've been busy, busy saving lives and stuff.

First, my parents are up for the summer so I get to have them over every night for dinner.  I get home from work, I make dinner, we play cards, they go home, I go to bed.  Sometimes I water my plants outside before I go to bed, sometimes I don't.  It has been a tough summer.

Second, we have been waiting for our grandson to decide it is time to be born.  As I write this, he is 5 days past his due date.  I know, that is not a lot of time, especially for a first baby, but it takes a lot of time wondering when he will decide to show up, worrying about him and my DIL, checking my phone, again, in case I missed a message from the baby parents...a lot of time.

Third, I've been finding these mushrooms in my yard and my neighbor's yard.  If you don't know, these are amanita mushrooms and they are deadly.  My kids went to a summer camp one year and part of a song (they still sing) is, "if you eat an amanita, that will be the end of you!"  So I am saving lives by finding these and picking them and throwing them away before some child or dog eats them.

So with such a busy summer schedule, you can see why my posts have been sporadic!  Hopefully, once the baby comes, my parents have to leave, and it gets too cold for mushrooms, I'll be back on my blogging game.  Until then...oh wait is that the baby parents texting me?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.