Thursday, November 29, 2018

Chocolate Cream Pie Martini - Drink of the Week



Picking up Gman from the airport.
Gman and his people were here over the Thanksgiving holiday.  We had an untraditional Thanksgiving feast, the DIL and Dave don't like turkey so we had prime rib instead, and lots of play time with Gman.  He is a connoisseur of t.v. because his screen time is limited.  Current favorites are Peppa Pig and Octonauts.
The annual dog sled ride.

Throwing snow at Grandma.

We did enjoy our Thanksgiving drink of the week, but we also enjoyed a couple more.  This is an all time favorite.  Unfortunately these are not keto, so I limited myself to one, but boy is it good.  I'm looking for a sugar free version of Rumchata and chocolate liqueur so I can enjoy this more.

Chocolate Cream Pie Martini
1 oz. chocolate whipped cream vodka
1 oz. Rum Chata
1 oz. chocolate Liqueur, I love Godiva 
chocolate syrup, for glass

Swirl chocolate syrup around the sides of a martini glass.
In a shaker full of ice, add vodka, Rum Chata and chocolate liqueur.  Shake until very cold, strain into prepared glass.  Serve.

You can add a dollop of whipped cream on the top if desired.  I find that is just gets all over my nose and in the way of my drink.  But I'm classy like that.

Warming up with Hershey after playing outside.

Gman would not sit on Santa's lap for our annual
Santa picture.

But he sure would take the candy!  Santa is so awesome.
1 year ago:    Ritz Cracker Toffee and the Oven Explosion
3 years ago:  Crock Pot Steel Cut Oatmeal with Pears
5 years ago:  Apple Butter and Visiting with Tony
7 years ago:  Whole Wheat, Millet and Dried Fruit Bread

November 29, 2018   Sunrise 10:13 am  Sunset 3:04 pm  Temp. H 13/ L 6°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.