Friday, December 23, 2011

Champagne Bar - Drink of the Week


Setting up pitchers for fruit puree, counting glasses and the ice bucket is ready.


The next two weeks include Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.  So much to celebrate, so little time.  For Drink of the week (or drink of the next two weeks) nothing works like Champagne.  It is the perfect thing for celebrations, good friends, ringing out the old year and welcoming the new. I do love Champagne, I love cheap champagne and I love expensive champagne!  I try not to feed my friends the cheap stuff, but sometimes it happens.  I will have a stocked Champagne Bar for the next two weeks.  I'll go with a case of good Prosecco and have a bottle of my favorite Champagne for New Year's Eve.
A Champagne bar is very easy.  Have several bottles of Prosecco or Champagne in the fridge and some juice and other add-ins on hand.  Put it all on a side table with some champagne flutes and you are always ready for company.  I really like to use the bottled fruit nectar for the fruit juice.  My friend Mary said half Chambord and half Champagne is really good, I'll have to try that this year.  Don't try to have everything on this list, it is just to give you ideas and to cover many different tastes.  (I actually cut and paste this list from the internet from a search,  "How to set up a Champagne bar," and I found the exact list on two other blog sites, so it is not original).  I'll stick with frozen raspberries, three or four juices, Cointreau, Chambord, and pomegranate seeds.
Happy Holidays, how ever you celebrate.   I'll take mine with Champagne.
From our house to yours, Merry Christmas and a Peaceful New Year.

For the Champagne Bar:
  1. frozen raspberries
  2. frozen strawberries
  3. thinly sliced clementines
  4. pineapple wedges
  5. sliced star fruit
  6. sugar cubes
  7. orange juice
  8. pomegranate juice
  9. pineapple juice
  10. peach puree
  11. mango nectar
  12. Cointreau
  13. gin
  14. vodka
  15. creme de cassis
  16. simple syrup
  17. orange peel
  18. lemon peel
  19. whole mint leaves
  20. candied ginger
  21. Chambord 
December 23, 2011     Daylight  3 hours,  41 minutes,  46 seconds     Current Temp 5ยบ F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.