Friday, October 19, 2012

Death of a Sewing Machine & Vanilla Chocolate Martini

So maybe it isn't as tragic as the play Death of a Salesman, but it is quite the tragedy to me.  I have had my sewing machine for 22 years.  Zach was 2 and I just started learning how to sew.  I had an old Singer and it worked just fine.  I took a couple of quilting classes and used the instructor's machine once, and had to upgrade.



It was a big purchase for me at the time.  It was a computerized machine and top of the Pfaff line.  I loved that machine.  I made all the kid's Halloween costumes, their quilts and the Power Ranger Costumes Zach had to have when the first Power Ranger movie came out, it got me through sad times and happy times.  Did I mention I loved that machine.

After I cried for a while (Dave never even said I was being unreasonable), Dave said he would go machine shopping with me.  I don't want a new machine, I want my old machine.  I don't want to spend the money to replace it, I don't want to learn how to use a new machine, and I just want my old machine....yes, I'm whining.

I'm going to have to drink a little to get over the loss...So that brings us to Drink of the Week.

When things are this bad, you need a drink that is decadent, a little over the top.  This is the perfect drink to mix up and sip by the fire while you are feeling sorry for yourself because you have to learn how to use a new sewing machine, or someone broke your heart, or the cat barfed on the carpet (I don't have cats, do they do things like that?).

What ever your reason, celebration or pity party, this is one of my favorites.

Vanilla Chocolate Martini
1 oz. Godiva Chocolate liquor
1/2 oz. vanilla vodka

Pour ingredients into a shaker with ice, shake until very cold.  Strain into martini glass and enjoy.  Makes one drink, you can easily double or triple this as the need arises.

October 19, 2012     Daylight  9 hours, 13 minutes, 40 seconds     Temp. 24ºF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.