Work has been really busy and getting everything buttoned up outside has left the inside of the house a little worse for the wear. I come home tired and grumpy (so much so that I texted Dave on Friday to warn him), get dinner and head outside to get a few chores done.
We finished up pretty much over the weekend and then I could look around the house and see how much needs to be done, wow. I threw dinner in the oven and has some time to vacuum the poodles out from under the living room chairs. Boy, those dogs shed a lot.
Dinner was ready, we had a warm delicious supper and I wasn't quite so grumpy for the rest of the evening.
Roasted Chicken Thighs with Apples and Garlic
Cooking Light, October 2002
- 5 cups chopped peeled Braeburn apple (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- Cooking spray
- 8 chicken thighs (about 2 pounds), skinned $
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Chopped parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 475°.
- Combine first 5 ingredients. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt; toss well to coat. Spread apple mixture on a jelly roll pan coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper, and arrange on top of the apple mixture. Bake at 475° for 25 minutes or until chicken is done and apple is tender. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- Partially mash apple mixture with a potato masher, and serve with chicken. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
It's my baby brother's birthday. A shout out to him! Happy birthday, brother!
October 4, 2012 Daylight 10 hours, 53 minutes, 57 seconds Temp. 48º F