Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Chili-Garli Snack Mix for Box #2


So I have been pretty lazy with my blog lately.  I've been working in my garden, trying to get a quilt done for the curly haired boy's first wedding anniversary, and bonding with the motor home.

But, I do still owe my brother 3 boxes of baked goods so I made these cookies and this snack mix for box #2.

I tried to get my brother to bet on the second Royals/Yankees series, but the big chicken wouldn't bet.  Too bad because in the second series the Yankees swept the Royals...and still I am sending boxes of baked goods to my brother.

Chili-Garlic Snack Mix
adapted from Food Network Magazine, June 2015

100 calorie bag microwave popcorn, or 2 Tbsp. popcorn, popped
2 cups Chex cereal
2 cups Cheeze-It crackers
1 cup mini pretzel twists
1 cup smoked almonds
6 Tbsp. unsalted butter
1 Tbsp. chili powder
1 tsp. smoked paprika
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
kosher salt

Preheat oven to 325°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pop microwave popcorn according to package directions or pop 2 Tbsp. popcorn by favorite method.  Transfer to large bowl.
Add cereal, crackers, pretzels, and almonds to bowl, toss to combine.  Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat.  Stir in the chili powder, paprika and garlic powder.  Drizzle over the popcorn mixture and toss with a rubber spatula to coat; season with salt.
Spread the snack mix on the prepared baking sheet.  Bake, stirring once or twice, until lightly toasted, about 10 minutes.  Let cool completely.  Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.

1 year ago:    Donut Strawberry Shortcakes and going to work at 5:00 am
2 years ago:  Key Lime Flan
3 years ago:  Beef Fillet with Red Pepper Coulis 

June 2, 2015  Sunrise 3:30 am  Sunset 12:07 am  Temp H 66/ L 42°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.