Thursday, May 21, 2015

Caramel Brownie Bites


Those damn Yankees.

I love baseball and I love the Yankees...yes, I don't want to hear it, you either love them or you hate them.  My brother loves the Royals and they had a three game series last weekend.  We bet, as we usually do, and this time I lost.  He wanted a box of baked goods once a week for a month and I will pay up (even though when he lost and was supposed to mow my lawn he never did...just saying).  So during the 8th inning on Sunday, I put some butter on the counter to soften because I could see the writing on the wall...crap.

I made some these jammy-delicious Blackberry crumble cookie bars and these caramel cup stuffed brownie bites.  I am glad I don't have the cooking ability like that chick in the movie "Like Water for Chocolate" when her emotions get all mixed in with whatever she makes because if so, these cookies would be bitter.  But I am no slacker, and I pay my bets off...even if my brother doesn't.


I like how the tops of the Rolos peek out, but cover them if you want a surprise in your bite.

Moist brownie, soft caramel, mmmmmmmmm!
There is another three game series between the Yankees and the Royals coming up at the end of the month, but my brother won't bet with me on that one...he's a big chicken.



Caramel Brownie Bites
I use the "One bowl Brownie" recipe on the box of Baker's Chocolate

1- 4oz. box Baker's Semi Sweet Chocolate
3/4 c. butter
2 c. sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. flour
Mini Rolo caramel cups



heat oven to 350°f.

LINE mini muffin pan with mini cupcake liners.

MICROWAVE chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min. or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Stir in sugar. Blend in eggs and vanilla. Add flour and mix well. Scoop into cups with two teaspoons or a small disher.  Place one mini Rolo in center and press down.  You can smooth the batter over the top or leave the little top showing.
Bake 10- 15 minutes or until a toothpick placed close to, but not in, the Rolos cup comes out with moist crumbs.  Do not overbake!

1 year ago:   Black Forest Cake
2 years ago:  Barbie Shots and Friendships
3 years ago:  Meet the Pups and Homemade Dog Treats

May 21, 2014  Sunrise 4:08am  Sunset 11:30pm  Temp. H 77/ L 48°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.