Thursday, October 22, 2015

Computer Crash and Three Layer Bars

My computer crashed.

Yes, you read that right, last year around this time this same computer crashed the day before I was leaving for Montana, and this year it was two days before I left for PA.  I stomped down to IT so they could fix it, left a note to my office mate to order me a new computer, and wondered what I was doing for this to happen to me AGAIN!  Why is it always MY computers?  Luckily, I really didn't need my computer for the trip I was leaving on, so I took my iPad and was just fine.  But, what the hell? (I'm really trying to clean up my language, so if you are offended by WTH, I'm sorry at least I didn't say WTF, which is what I usually say and only try to whisper it now.)

When I got back from PA, I went to IT to see if the computer was saved.  The helpful computer master grabbed the computer and said it all was in working order.  "Let's try it out," she instructs.  I turn it on, it makes it's nice little start up noise, I am feeling hopeful.  Then it takes a little too long to boot up and the spinning wheel of death...

"That doesn't look good." She mumbles...

So, still no computer at work.

Because I was feeling a little frustrated I decided I needed a little treat.  I've seen this combination on Pinterest for a couple of years now, and always thought "how ridiculous" well, my computer crashing again is ridiculous so I made these cookies.

I'm leaving for work again this week, and I really need my computer.  I hope the new one gets here fast or the old one can be salvaged for one more trip.

Three Layer Bars
Yes, you could do the same thing with homemade cookie dough and homemade brownies (you could even make your own Oreos) but this is all about instant gratification and frustration relief!

1 tube chocolate chip cookie dough
1 pkg. Oreo cookies
1 box brownie mix

Preheat oven to 350°F.
Line a 9 X 9" pan with foil, lightly spray bottom of pan with cooking spray.  Press cookie dough in bottom of pan.

Place Oreos on cookie dough, pressing slightly into dough.



Make brownie mix according to box directions and pour over the top.



Bake for 20-25 minutes, until brownies begin to pull away from the sides of the pan.  Cool completely.  Remove cookies from pan and peel away the foil.  Cut into small squares and enjoy.



(Now aren't you glad I gave you those instructions because ANYONE can figure out how to make these, but if you are as frustrated as I am, you might not be thinking clearly...and the two adult beverages you drank before you made these might just impair your judgement.)

1 year ago:    The Missed Vacation and Dried Cherry Muffins
2 years ago:   Winter Fires and the S'moretini
3 years ago:   Death of a Sewing Machine and Vanilla Chocolate Martini

October 22, 2015   Sunrise 9:05 am  Sunset 6:04 pm  Temp. H 34/ L 23°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.