Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Cheeseburger Casserole

I was hurrying out of the grocery store and rushing to my next errand, trying to get it all done during my lunch break.  I'm deep in thought as I scurry down the row of cars and stop short next to mine.

The driver side door is wide open.  Did I forget to shut the door?  I always lock my door by touching the outside lock button so I'm sure I don't lock my keys in the car.  Did I not shut the door and lock it?

I take two steps closer.

Shit!  Who ever broke into my car is still in the driver's seat.  Do I yell, do I walk up and demand they get out and leave my stuff alone?

The person sitting in the driver's seat has totally white hair, is a woman and about 85 years old.

Did she get confused when she saw I left my door open and sat down because she thought it was her car?  Is she hurt?

At this point I rush to the aid of the poor delusional elder.

Crap, I don't own a Jeep, I own an Escape...that isn't my car.

And it's Monday.
So I made this for dinner.   Bacon-Cheeseburger casserole is quick, easy and doesn't care what kind of car you drive or if you remembered to shut the door.  I just hope Tuesday goes a little smoother.
Lots of bacon is needed because someone (cough..Dave..cough)
keeps eating it off the top

I like mine with avocado and tomato, pass the ketchup.

Cheeseburger Casserole
4 slices bacon, diced
1/2 small onion, diced small
1 lb. ground beef, or moose
2 Tbsp. sugar free ketchup
1 Tbsp. mustard
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. cream cheese
1 cup grated cheddar or colby jack cheese

toppings:
avocado
tomatos
lettuce
red onion, diced

In a medium frying pan, over medium heat, fry bacon until crisp.  Remove from pan to a paper towel lined plate.  Leaving the fat in the pan, add onion and sauté until translucent, 3-5 minutes.  Add ground meat and cook, breaking up any large clumps.  When browned, add garlic and cook for 1 minute.  Add ketchup, mustard and cream cheese.  Stir until well mixed.  Top with grated cheese and either cover with a lid until cheese is melted or place under the broiler for a few minutes to melt the cheese.  Sprinkle bacon bits over top and serve with desired toppings.  Serves 4

1 year ago:    Chocolate-Cocnut No Bake Cookies and the Texting Fiasco
5 years ago:   Grilled Chicken with Mango and Jicama Salad
7 years ago:   Frog on a Lilly pad

April 30, 2019   Sunrise 5:21am  Sunset 10:17pm  Temp. H 66/ L 37°F




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.