Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Chocolate Coconut Pecan No Bake Cookies and the Texting Fiasco


So I've decided that I'm not allowed to text anyone from work anymore.  Just the other day, when I was on the road, my boss texted me about something from work.  I texted back and we went back and forth a couple times.  Then someone else texted me and I texted the response back to my boss...I didn't realize it until a week later.

Then, just yesterday, the dean of a college texted me for some data about one of our office's events.  I texted back.  Then I texted my husband and he texted back (he had fallen on the ice the day before and twisted his ankle.)  I did a couple back and forth texts with my husband and also with the dean,  then I texted "keep up with the ice and the Motrin" and just as I was hitting send I realized I was texting the dean and not my husband!  Thank goodness I didn't end it with a "love you" like I usually do.  I immediately texted "sorry, that was for my husband." At least the dean had a sense of humor and texted back "I do need Motrin."

I'm never texting for work again.

So I deserve a treat for living through the drama of all that.  When I was a kid there were these candies that were sold around Easter.  They were called something like coconut nests.  They were chocolate, coconut, pecans, and three little jellybeans on the top.  I loved them and always looked forward to them in the spring.

Well, these are a perfect sugar-free substitute.  They are easy to whip up, delicious, and I can have them anytime of the year.  I don't even care there aren't three little jellybeans on the top.

One pan on the stove is all it takes.

                                      


One perfect treat for a drama filled day.

No-Bake Haystack Cookies
The Everyday Ketogenic Kitchen: Carolyn Ketchum

1/3 cup creamy almond butter, unsweetened and salted
2 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
2 Tbsp. coconut oil
2/3 cup Swerve confectioners' sweetener, or sweetener of choice
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoanut flakes
3/4 cup chopped pecans

Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.  
In a large saucepan over low heat, combine the almond butter, chocolate, and coconut oil.  Stir until melted and smooth.  Remove the pan from the heat.  
Whisk in the sweetener, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract until smooth.  Add the coconut flakes and chopped pecans and stir until well combined.
Drop the mixture by large rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet and refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.  Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.  Keeps in refrigerator up to a week.

12 servings: 172 cals, 15.6g fat, 5.7g carbs, 3.3g fiber, 13.3g erythritol

5 years ago:   Failed Quiche

April 24, 2018  Sunrise 5:42 am  Sunset 9:57 pm  Temp. H 52/L 31°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.