Thursday, April 12, 2018

Raspberry-Cream Cheese Brownies


This is my spring travel season and I'm gone more than I'm home.  While I do miss home, and Dave, and most of the dogs, I really enjoy this time of year.  I get to travel a bit and see different parts of our country, I get to talk to people about Alaska and living here (the most beautiful place in the world), and I get to lay-over and see Gman and his people.  But, I do feel bad that my neighbor doesn't get his goodies as often.

I am home between trips for a couple more days.  My next trip I'll be gone for over a week and he wouldn't have a fresh treat for a while, so I made him these brownies.  They are fudgey with a cream cheese and fruit swirl. This makes two 8X8 pans or one 9X13.  I made it into two pans and took one to work to share. They are easy for me and delicious.  They will last my neighbor a few days before he has to go to the store and buy some cookies or something until I get home.

Raspberry-Cream Cheese Brownies

Topping
11 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 jar (10 oz.) Raspberry Simply Fruit Spread

Brownies
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/3 cup sugar
3 eggs
6 oz. semisweet baking chocolate, melted and cooled
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour

Preheat oven to 350˚ F.

Spray two 8x8 inch pans with cooking spray, or butter pans.

For topping, beat cream cheese and sugar in a medium bowl until smooth.  Add egg and vanilla; beat until well blended.  Set aside.

Open jar of Simply Fruit spread.  In the microwave, with the top off, heat fruit spread until warm and runny or very soft.  Pour into a sieve over a bowl and stir, pushing the sauce through the sieve and catching the seeds.  Throw the seeds away.

For brownies, beat butter and sugar in a large bowl until fluffy.  Add eggs,  one at a time, continuing to beat after each addition.  Add melted chocolate, vanilla, and flour; stir until well blended.  Spread chocolate mixture into 2 pans.  Spread cream cheese mixture over chocolate mixture.  Spoon jam over cream cheese mixture.  Use a knife to swirl jam through cream cheese mixture.

Bake for 38-40 minutes or until center is almost set.  Cool in pans.  Cut into 1 1/2 inch squares.
serves about 25 brownies per pan

2 years ago:  Snow and Strawberry Sangria
4 years ago:  Dog Tired and Pumpkin Custard
5 years ago:  Parmesan Tilapia and How Hippos ruined it for me

April 12, 2018   Sunrise 6:26 am  Sunset 9:18 pm  Temp. H 47/L 27˚

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.