Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Keto Pina Colada


During my recovery, for yet another body part that doesn't work right, I had some antibiotics and some pain medication.  So no adult beverages for me.

I was looking for something that could be my non-adult drink of the week that the DIL would like too when they came to visit (because she is having a baby!).  I thought about a pina colada and how sweet and refreshing they are.  I had pineapple extract in the cupboard and there are several keto options on Pinterest, so I started to taste test some of the recipes.

Then one the of blog I read had a drink called a Lava Flow where she added strawberries to half of the mixture and combined them, so I had to try it.  You can add rum if you want, but it is delicious just the way it is, and it is delicious without the strawberries too.

With Fairbanks getting into the mid 80's these last couple of weeks, these go down pretty easy.  Keep in mind they have about 110 calories each, and while I don't usually count calories I can't do anything but sit for the next couple of weeks, I am trying to be more careful.
Keto Layered Pina Colada

1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
juice of 1 lime
coconut stevia or stevia glycerite, or sweetener of choice
1 tsp. pineapple extract
1 cup ice
1/2 cup frozen strawberries

In a blender, combine coconut milk, lime juice, sweetener, pineapple extract and ice.  Blend until smooth.  Pour half into two glasses.  Add strawberries to remaining drink, blend until smooth, pour over top of drink.  Garnish with a fresh strawberry half, if desired.
serves two

*you can add white rum if you want or try rum extract

July 10, 2019  Sunrise 3:35 am  sunset 12:16 am  Temp. H 85/ L 60°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.