Monday, March 5, 2012

Moose Parmesan

Everyone needs an easy, go-to dish, they can get on a plate quickly and it is good enough for company.  It is a no-brainer when you are tired or nothing sounds good.  I have Moose Parmesan.  It is easy and fast, I almost always have moose cube steaks in the freezer, and the rest are freezer/pantry staples.  It includes pasta and that always makes my husband happy.  By this time of year, I'm using jarred marinara since our tomatoes are all gone and I've switched to whole wheat pasta, my husband is still not convinced.  We had this for dinner a couple of nights ago.  I was tired (and pretty grumpy) so I needed something easy and something that would make up for my grumpiness.  You can use beef, or chicken or pork, pounded thin.  I think this made up for my mood.

Moose Parmesan
4 moose cube steaks
seasoned bread crumbs (I use garlic, salt, pepper, onion powder and oregano)
1 egg, beaten
flour, for dredging
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 cups marinara
8 oz. spaghetti
4 slices good mozzarella
4 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese

Dredge steaks in flour, dip in egg, dredge in seasoned bread crumbs.  Heat olive oil in skillet, add moose.  Cook until browned and cooked through on both side. Place a slice of mozzarella on each piece of moose.    Keep warm in low oven and let cheese melt.
Heat marinara sauce and cook spaghetti as directed.  Place 1/4 of the pasta on each plate, top with 1/2 cup marinara.  Place moose on top of marinara,  top with 1 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese.
Serves 4
March 3, 2012   Daylight  10 hours,  36 minutes,  16 seconds    Current Temp. -19º F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.