Monday, February 17, 2014

Saving the Dogs lives


It has been pretty quiet around here that last couple of weeks.  We are back from vacation and getting caught up with work, the Bboy is going to school, the chick is working, the dogs are....being dogs.  So pretty quiet and boring.  Except when I almost killed two of the little dogs and then saved their lives.

Dave and I were headed out the door for dinner on Valentine's Day.  Dave surprised me by making reservations at one of our favorite restaurants.  We were kenneling the dogs and I grabbed two of the little dogs and headed to the kennel.  I stepped down the first step into our entry and fell down the second step, twisted my bad ankle and landed on my nose. I was holding those two dogs and as I fell all I could think of was "don't fall on the dogs and squish and kill them!"  I didn't land on them, I didn't squish them, I held them out to the sides of me and saved their lives...

Needless to say, Dave was just a little mad that I was carrying those dogs in the first place.  He was ready to cancel our reservations and make me ice my foot, but I talked him into going out, I really was fine...my shoe did get a little tight that evening, but I managed to dance with Dave (after my second glass of champagne) and we did have a good time.

Dave has been loudly hinting that his favorite cookie was my pumpkin cookies but without the chocolate chips, with raisins....um o.k.  So I made them for him.  And to ramp up the deliciousness I make them sandwich cookies with a cinnamon cream cheese in the middle.  I loved these...even with the raisins.

Pumpkin Raisin Sandwich Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Filling

4 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups backed light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 15 oz. can pure pumpkin puree
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Cream butter with sugars, add egg, vanilla, and pumpkin. 

Mix dry ingredients together, add to pumpkin mixture,  mix well.  Add chocolate chips.

Lightly grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.  Scoop tablespoons full, leaving 2" between cookies.  Bake 12-15 minutes until golden brown.

Makes about 8 doz. cookies

Cinnamon Cream Cheese Filling

1/2 cup butter, 1 stick
2-8oz. pkg. cream cheese
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
5-7 cups powdered sugar

Cream butter and cream cheese together.  Add vanilla and cinnamon.  Sift powdered sugar, to remove any lumps.  Add 4 cups of powdered sugar. Mix well.  Slowly add the rest of the sugar until you reach the desired consistency.  Keep in mind this frosting will firm up some once it is refrigerated.

To Assemble:
Place a good dollop of cream cheese on the flat side of one cookie, gently press the flat side of a second cookies on top of the frosting.  Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving.
Makes about 4 doz. sandwich cookies.

February 17, 2014   Daylight 8 hrs. 47 min. 6 sec.  Temp.  H 2/ L -21 °F.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.