Monday, February 24, 2014

The Concession..


So, while I am telling tales on the kids, I'm adding one from the hippy-boy.  This is from when he was in high school and a friend of his was in town so 4 of them planned a sleep-over (do boys call it that?).  Off he went for a night of boy fart jokes, football in the street, fast food, and Adam Sandler movies.

About 11:00 we get a knock on the door.  Dave and I open the door to find the boy, leaning heavily on the door frame and slightly wobbly, and his friends tearing off down the street in someone's car.  The first thing we think - he's drunk...really.

"Dad, dad," he slurs, "I have a concession."
"You have a confession?" Dave asks
"No, no, no.  I have a concession." and he leans over to throw up in the irises by the walk...lovely.
"What's going on?" Dave asks.
"I got hit in the head with a football and I have a concession." he says as he starts heaving in the flowers again.
"Oh, a concussion!" We both state at the same time.
We load him up and head to the emergency room.

This drink of the week is so delicious you will want more than one.  Don't do it.  You don't want to have to have a confession, or concession, and my irises just can't take any more.

The Confession Maker
adapted from the Godiva Liqueur website

2 shots Godiva Liqueur
2 shots Peppermint Schnapps

Pour shots into shaker filled with ice, shake until very cold.  Strain into martini glass.
Makes 1 or 2, depends on your mood!

1 year ago:   Strawberry Cobbler
2 years ago: Thank You Bars
February 24, 2014   Daylight 9 hrs. 34 min. 48 sec.  Temp. H 18/ L -8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.