Friday, October 31, 2014

Banana Nutella Muffins


I'm traveling next week; North Carolina and then Anchorage for a meeting on the way home.  I am a little worried about leaving the MIL, who am I kidding, I'm worried about leaving my husband in charge of everything...the MIL, the kids, the dogs...not that he can't handle it, but it is a lot for one person and he still has to work and find some time to sleep.

I, on the other hand, will have all my meals made for me, either at a restaurant or at the conference and job fair, my bed will be made for me, and I get a little time to explore a new city in a new state.  I have never been to North Carolina.

One thing I did want to do before I left, was make some muffins for the MIL.  We have learned that she will eat her egg and meat at breakfast if she gets a muffin or some sweet bread AFTER she has finished her protein.  So I try to bake for her a couple times a week now.  This isn't a new recipe, it is kind of a rehash of an old recipe with a little Nutella added...the MIL likes her chocolate.  Dave will take a couple over for the weekend and then I'll stick a couple in the freezer for next week.
Everything is better with Nutella.


A little swirl with a toothpick after the top batter in on.

The Baby boy was eating this so fast, I hardly had time for a picture!

Enjoy your week, next week, I know I will.



Banana Muffins with Nutella Swirl
from Perfect Muffins, 2008

2 cups self rising flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs lightly beaten
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
2 very ripe bananas
Nutella

Preheat the oven to 400°F.  Line 12 muffin cups with papers, or grease well.

In a large mixing bowl, sift together the self rising flour, baking soda, and sugar.  Make a well in the center.

In a small mixing bowl, beat eggs lightly, add milk, butter, and mashed banana.  Add all at once to the flour mixture and stir until just moistened (the batter will be lumpy).

Scoop batter into cups until each is about 1/2 full.  Top with a small dollop of Nutella, top with batter so cups are are about 2/3 full.

Bake until muffins are golden brown and a wooden skewer or toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 15-20 minutes.  Remove muffins from the oven and cool in the pan for 5 minutes.  Serve warm, or transfer to a wire rack to cool.

1 year ago:   Pork Chili and Fall Chores
2 years ago:   Pumpkin Monkey Bread and a Computer Crash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.