Friday, October 17, 2014

Citrus Cranberry Fizz


Ahhh, Friday.  I love Friday.  Not because I don't love going to work during the week, I do, but because I get drink of the week, I sleep in a little on Saturday, I can look forward to coffee tomorrow morning, and I know I can have some  time to read through some of my cooking magazines ( I have 5 I haven't looked at yet).

It has been a crazy week with the MIL.  My sister in law came up from Anchorage for the weekend so we are officially "off duty" for the weekend.  I am going to a CABI party at my friend's house (it is a home clothing party, beautiful clothes, excellent quality, and one of the few options for work clothes in Fairbanks).  We have hockey on Saturday, and dinner out at a new restaurant opening in Fairbanks.  That, along with all the housework I didn't get done during the week, will make the weekend fly by.

But, I am stopping for a few moments to have a break and a drink.  I found a new way to get my "bubble" fix.  Sparkling cranberry juice.  I love it!  Add a splash of lime, some citrus vodka and some pomegranate seeds and you have an awesome drink of the week...I think I'll have two.  Cheers!



Citrus Cranberry Fizz
1 oz citrus vodka
1 tsp to 1 Tbsp lime juice, depending on your taste
1/2 can sparkling cranberry juice
pomegranate seeds, optional for garnish

Pour vodka and lime juice in a tall flute.  Top with cranberry juice and add pomegranate seeds.  Relax and enjoy!

1 year ago:   Mac & Cheese with Bacon and Nightmares
2 years ago:  Chocolate Peanut Butter cookies and a True Friend

October 17, 2014   Sunrise 8:50 am, Sunset 6:21 pm  Temp. H 36/ L 21°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.