Monday, October 20, 2014

Garlic Chili Chicken and my Saturday Afternoon Date


It was Saturday afternoon, I just woke up from a nap (we did have a busy week), Dave was over at his mom's helping his sister who was in town for the weekend, the Chick was at work and the Baby boy and I were finishing putting away the groceries I got earlier that day. (Wow!  That was one long run-on sentence!) ((Notice I just put a note about it, but didn't bother fixing it.  LAZY!))

"You know, it is October and time for everything pumpkin." he hints.
"We can make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies today." I said.
So we did.  I read the directions, and he made the cookies.

Then I gave him the directions for making this easy sweet chilli chicken.  It was delicious.
This is the look I got when he realized he was making dinner!

Shake the chicken in cornstarch and salt, then fry.


Remove from the oil when the coating is browned.

Yes, um there are no calories in food deep-fried in peanut oil.

Sweet Chilli sauce.

Our favorite brand.


After 30 minutes in the oven.

An easy dinner.
The Bboy was pretty happy, at one point he said, "You must really love me.  I got pumpkin cookies, Sweet Chilli chicken and rice all in the same day!"

It doesn't take much to please some people, especially since he did all the work.  I was a happy mom.

Sweet Chilli Chicken

4 chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
1 cup cornstarch
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups sweet chilli sauce, we use about 1/2 bottle
peanut oil for frying, about 3 inches deep in your pot

Bring oil to 360°F in a heavy pot. 
Preheat oven to 350°F. 

Put cornstarch and salt in a large plastic bag.  Add about 1/3 of the chicken, shake until completely coated.  Drop chicken into hot oil one piece at a time, so it doesn't stick.  Cook until coating begins to brown. Remove from oil, drain and place in 9 x 13 pan.  Repeat with the rest of the chicken.

Once all the chicken is done and in the 9X13 pan, pour sweet chilli sauce over the chicken and stir until well coated.  Bake for 30 minutes, stirring half way through baking time.

Serve with rice and veggies.

I linked to:Homemade Mondays


October 20, 2014   Sunrise 9:00 am, Sunset 6:10 pm  Temp.  H 35/ L 25°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.