Thursday, November 20, 2014

Hot Spiced Rum Apple Cider


My niece posted a link for a hot spiced rum apple cider drink.  We needed to try it, just to make sure it was good enough for all of you!  We sacrificed ourselves as guinea pigs and made this.

It is the perfect drink for a holiday house-full.  I made it in my crockpot but left out the rum.  Then kids can have the hot apple cider and adults can add the spiced rum, in their preferred amount.  The aroma of the hot apple cider is delicious and adds to the warm, cozy feeling of home.  You could serve each mug with a cinnamon stick or a quartered slice of orange with a whole clove in it.  Not me, I'm just about the rum in the hot apple cider.  I don't want anything getting in the way of my nice hot sip.
I used a toothpick to start the holes for the cloves, then sliced the orange. 

Oranges and cinnamon sticks in the crock pot.


A warm drink, with or without, for a cold afternoon.  Perfect!

Hot Spiced Rum Apple Cider
1 gallon apple cider
1 orange, studded with whole cloves and sliced
2 cinnamon sticks
Spiced rum

Place clove studded orange slices and cinnamon sticks in crock pot.  Add apple cider.  Cook on high for at least one hour, turn down to low or warm.  

Pour one shot of spiced rum in a heat proof mug, top with apple cider.  Enjoy

1 year ago:   Leah
2 years ago:  Brown Sugar Walnut Buttons and Grandma's Button Box
3 years ago:  Whole Wheat, Millet and Dried Fruit Bread

November 20, 2014   Sunrise 9:44 am  Sunset 3:28 pm  Tem. H 19/ L 12°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.