Friday, November 14, 2014

United Way Auction and Alaskan Cranberry Shortbread



My friend Katie guilted encouraged me to help out with a dessert auction fund raiser for the United Way, can you say lots of not-so-subtle  hints?  I initially said no because I will be traveling and not get home until the day before the baked goods are due, but she persisted, and I caved and so I'm making a favorite of mine, Alaska cranberry shortbread.  I have already shared the recipe here, but I'll copy and paste for you, 'cus I'm kind like that.

If you want to check out the dessert auction the link is https://sites.google.com/a/k12northstar.org/adcda2014/
You can even bid on desserts if you can pick them up. But don't bid on the Creme de Menth Brownies, I want those. If you win the shortbread, I'll ship them to you if you are out of town.


Cranberry Shortbread Bars
Bun on the Run Cookbook

1 c. butter
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/4 cup flour
pinch of salt
1 c. walnuts, coarsely chopped
1 1/2 c. fresh cranberries, chopped if commercial cranberries

Preheat oven to 375 F.

Butter a 9X13 inch pan.

Cream butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar thoroughly.  Add egg and vanilla, mixing well.  Add flour and salt, mixing until just combined.  Stir in walnuts.

Press dough into prepared pan.  Spread cranberries over top evenly, lightly pressing into dough.  Bake for 25-20 minutes until shortbread is lightly golden.  Cool and cut into bars.

1 year ago:   Hasselback Potatoes and a Mouse in the Pantry
2 years ago  Pretzel Turtles and left-over candy
3 years ago  Sweet and Spicy Smoked Salmon

November 14, 2014  Sunrise 9:24am  Sunset 3:46 pm  Temp H 23/ L 9°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.