Monday, November 24, 2014

Trying on Jeans


I spent last week in Oregon and Washington for work.  On Wednesday, I drove from Portland to Seattle and had about 2 hours to myself.  I decided to go shopping.  My jeans are getting a little tattered so I decided to get a new pair of jeans.  I pulled into Kohls and started shopping.

So, I know my jeans are a little tight, I figure it is because they are old and made of cotton and so they keep shrinking.  I grab a new pair in the same size I had before...they were too tight. I fugure it is because it is a different brand than what I usually buy. So I went up one size...they were too tight.  Hmmmmm...

I went up two sizes, they fit.  I knew it must be the brand, so I tried another brand.  I still needed a pair two sizes bigger than what I had been wearing.  So I started to cry.  I don't know about you, but crying in the dressing room of a clothing store is nothing new to me.  I've done it before, I'll probably do it again. And that day I cried.  I took the new jeans off and looked down, and this is what I saw;

and I began to laugh!  I hadn't even noticed that my socks were two different colors.  I don't mind wearing miss-matched socks if I'm at home or at the gym, but in work clothes I usually like to have matching socks.  And I laughed a little harder as I took a picture of my socks to send to my husband, because miss-matched socks drive him insane.  Then I got the hiccups.  So there I stood; crying, laughing, and hiccuping all at the same time.

About then, the young sales clerk gently knocked on my dressing room door.  "Is everything O.K. in there?" She timidly called.

"I'm fine, just old and fat." I called back.

"Well, if there is anything I can get for you let me know." she kindly offered and then scurried away.  I know she was thinking "Holy Shit! I have a crazy one in dressing room 3 today."

Well, I bought the new jeans, I'm not going to think about how bad I must have looked in the jeans I've been wearing that are two sizes too small, and I got over the hiccups.  My neighbor is studying to be a nutritionist, I think maybe it is time for a call to see if she can help me out.

1 year ago:   New Windows and Stained Glass Window Cookies
2 years ago:  Lemon Pepper Shrimp Scampi and the Treadmill Incident
3 years ago:  Carrot, Apple, and Mint Salad and Soup Lunch

November 24, 2014   Sunrise 9:57 am  Sunset 3:17 pm  Temp.  H 9/ L 3°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.