Friday, July 3, 2015

Chocolate Cake Pops


So, I had all this extra cake from the  heart cakes I made for the wedding rehearsal dinner, and I had some Nutella Buttercream left over, so I just mixed the two, rolled them into balls, and dipped them in chocolate.  Everyone thought I was brilliant and went out of my way to make a special treat...I'll never tell them they are just eating left-overs!
Roll the cake paste (mmm, delicious, cake-paste) into balls.

Add sticks - or not

After dipping in chocolate, sprinkle with sprinkles while the chocolate is still soft.

I left some plain for those sickkos who don't like sprinkles.

An assortment of sprinkles to make everyone happy.


My taste-tester approved.


Chocolate Cake Pops

1 Chocolate cake, your favorite or from a box (I used the left-overs from two sheets of cut out hearts from this recipe)
1/2 batch of Nutella buttercream (here) or a can of frosting

Candy coating or chocolate for dipping (I use Ghirardelli's dipping chocolate)
Assorted Sprinkles
Sticks, if desired

Break up cake and place it and frosting in mixer and mix on low until completely incorporated and a soft paste forms.  Roll into desired size balls.  I like to use my medium scooper for this.  Add sticks, if desired.  Place in refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight.

Melt chocolate, I like to use a measuring glass in the microwave.  Dip cake balls in chocolate and let excess drip off.  Place in cookie sheet and sprinkle if desired.  Keep in refrigerator.

You can use any flavor cake, any flavor frosting and white or dark chocolate.  I've also made these with a surprise middle, like a raspberry or candy center.  Use your imagination!

1 year ago:   Chicken with Tomato/Onion Chutney and Blood Work
2 years ago:  Spicy Grilled Chicken Wings
3 years ago:  Homemade Root Beer and Root Beer Float Pie

July 3, 2015   Sunrise: 3:16 am  Sunset 12:35 am  Temp H 68/ L 48°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.