Monday, September 7, 2015

MRI and Moon Pie Mug Cake


I had an MRI for a little hip issue I've been having.  The follow up appointment was something special.  There I sat with my husband and the Dr. and he pulls up the MRI on the BIG screen t.v. in the office.

And there, for all of us to enjoy, is my fat ass.

Now this MRI was for my hip, and so I was laying down on a table squishing my abundant bottom flat to begin with, then you put it up on a big screen t.v. and it was HUGE!  And, it was an MRI so the first 15 layers was just fat, with the little blood vessels running through it so it looked like I had a GIANT HAIRY ASS.  I was so proud.

We finally got to the hip and you could see the little tiny flank steak of a muscle surrounded by 15 inches of fat on my thighs!  And then the Dr. says..."Let's take a look at those little hips."  I wonder how he said that without laughing out loud!

I still don't know the results of the MRI because I was so focused on the damn fat part of the GIANT T.V. picture.

Well, I made it through that appointment and swore I would never see that Dr. again in my whole entire life, or until my hip hurt again, which ever comes first.  But, I did have to console myself after such a humiliating experience.  So I went home and made myself a  Moon Pie mug cake.

Did you ever eat moon pies?  I loved those things as a kid.  The marshmallow center surrounded by the sweet chocolate and crunch of a graham cracker....pure heaven.  I needed to be taken back to a simpler, less embarrassing time, so I made Moon Pie mug cakes, hid under the blanket I draped over the sofa and coffee table and ate both of them.  I tried not to think about how big my butt looks.


Moon Pie mug cake
adapted from Mug Cakes, Leslie Bilderback

1 large egg
3 1/2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
3 1/2 Tbsp. milk
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup self-rising flour
pinch of kosher salt
2 graham crackers, broken into small pieces
1/4 cup mini marshmallow, marshmallow fluff, or large marshmallows cut up into small pieces
2 Tbsp. chocolate chips

In a large mug, whisk together the egg and oil with a fork.  Stir in the milk, sugar, vanilla and cocoa.  Add the flour and salt.  Beat the batter until smooth.  Fold in the graham cracker bits, marshmallows and chocolate chips.  Divide the batter between two mugs.  Microwave separately for 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 minutes each until risen and firm.

1 year ago:   Baked Oatmeal
2 years ago:  End of the Garden
3 years ago:  Control Issues and Banana Crunch Muffins

  Sunrise 6:49 am  Sunset  8:47 pm  Temp H 62/ L 41°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.