Thursday, September 14, 2017

Body Scrub

The leaves are turning yellow and falling to the ground, the garden is put away, the mornings are cold and I can see my breath when I let the dogs out, we are smack in the middle of moose season...

All of this means only one thing...scaly skin season is upon us.
Fairbanks is a very dry place to live. It is surprising because in the summer there is so much green and in the winter there is so much snow. But the very cold temperatures makes it impossible for the air to hang on to any humidity, so we are dry, dry, dry. And our skin suffers for it. My legs end up looking like alligator scales they can get so dry. I apply lotions, body butter, oils, all winter long. I decided to make myself some scrub for the shower. A little scrub action to get rid of the scales and the jojoba oil to lock in some moisture, and I love a bright, citrus smell and so I chose an essential oil that will with be a pick-me-up in the morning.  


I really like it. I will use a salt that is not as course as this one is. The oil sinks to the bottom, but I just turn the jar upside down for a minute and then turn it back over and use it. I think I know what everyone in my office is going to get for Christmas this year!



Body Scrub
2 cups coarse salt
1/2 cup Jojoba oil
1 teaspoon essential oil of your choice (I love orange and grapefruit)

Mix salt, jojoba, and essential oil together.  Place in a clean glass jar and cover with a lid.  Use in the shower to get rid of that alligator skin I know you have.

2 years ago:    MRI and Moon Pie Mug Cake
3 years ago:    Pizza Stromboli
5 years ago:    Losing the Best Back Door Neighbors and Pecan Crispies

September 14, 2017  Sunrise 7:11 am  Sunset 8:19 pm  Temp. H 61/ L 43°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.