Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Peanut Butter Granola


Well, I'm finally off antibiotics and seem to be healing nicely.  But, considering I've been on antibiotics since the end of October because of this lovely infection I figured I needed to do a little gut TLC and see if I couldn't improve the environment there.  Especially since our immune system lives there.  So, I am eating cultured foods.  I've added full fat Fage yogurt to breakfast, I've not been eating yogurt because of the carb count, but I have 10 days before travel season starts and I don't want to be on airplanes and airports and job fairs without bulking up my immune system some.  And while I do like plain Greek yogurt, adding a little granola sounded good, and peanut butter granola even better.

I was actually craving granola because a friend at work, who is also doing Keto, said she got a sample of granola in a Keto box she gets monthly.  Then she said she has made Keto granola and it was easy, so the thought of granola was percolating and then I saw this posted on the blog 'All Day I Dream About Food.'  It looked and sounded good so I was ready to make it.

This. Is. Fabulous.

Pecans and Almonds - after the blender

I like it chunky

It is as delicious as it looks



Over some plain yogurt or with almond milk, it is so good

Peanut Butter Granola
All Day I Dream About Food, Blog 

1.5 cups almonds
1.5 cups pecans
1 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/3 cup swerve
1/3 cup collagen
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup water

Preheat oven to 350˚F.  Line large rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper.
In a food processor, process almonds and pecans until they resemble coarse crumbs, with some larger pieces remaining.  Transfer to a large bowl and stir in coconut, sunflower seeds, sweetener and collagen.
In a microwave safe bowl, melt peanut butter and butter together in microwave, stirring to combine completely.  Pour over nut mixture, sprinkle in water and mix.  The mixture will clump.
Spread mixture on prepared cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes, stirring 1/2 way through.
Let cool and enjoy.
Makes about 12 servings
1/3 cup serving (338 calories, 30 g. fat, 9.74 carbs, 5 fiber, 9.4 protein)

2 years ago:   Banana Tartlets with Nutella and a Baby on the Way!
3 years ago:   Lessons from the Road #1: Wear Your Glasses
5 years ago:   Prime Rib and the Secret My Husband Won't Share

March 13, 2018  Sunrise 8:16 am  Sunset 7:46 pm   Temp. H 32/L 15˚F


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.