Thursday, February 21, 2019

Cheater Cheesecake


There was a birthday in our office and I hadn't made anything for a long time so I figured it was my turn to bake.  I planned on making a cheesecake.  After work I went to the grocery store, I picked up cream cheese, sour cream, eggs, berries for the top and was feeling just a little overwhelmed.  I walked by the bakery and saw these lovely little cheesecakes, just the right size for our office.  I bought one and then put back the eggs and cream cheese.

I took that cheesecake home and doctored it up just a little.  A sweetened sour cream topping with berries and some homemade blueberry sauce was just the thing.  That cheesecake was delicious, perfect for a birthday, and so much easier on a week night.  Everyone said how good it was, and I just kept my mouth shut.

So, there is nothing wrong with getting a little help from a friend, mine just happened to be my friend Fred, as in Fred Meyer (grocery store), and a few home touches this was the perfect cake to help us celebrate.

Fancied up cheesecake:

1 store bought cheesecake

1 cup sour cream
1 Tbsp. granulated sugar

2 cups blueberries, divided
1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
1 cup raspberries, or berries of choice

Place cheesecake on fancy plate, make sure you unwrap it completely (mine had shrink wrap on it).

In a small bowl, mix sour cream with granulated sugar, spread on top of cheesecake.

In a small saucepan mix 1 cup blueberries, 1 Tbsp. sugar and 1 Tbsp. water.  Cook over medium heat until berries soften and make a sauce, about 10 minutes.
Cool sauce slightly and then pour over sour cream topping and spread evenly.
Top with fresh berries.


3 years ago:   How Not to Eat Breakfast in the Car and Jerk Pork Loin
5 years ago:   Bacon Jam is Another Name for Love
7 years ago:   Wheat Berry and Roasted Butternut Squash Salad

February 21, 2019   Sunrise 8:28 am  Sunset 5:41 pm  Temp. H 12/ L -4°F


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.