Thursday, January 23, 2020

Baby Back Ribs in the Instant Pot


It has been really cold in Fairbanks, and I've been a bit of a baby because I was sick.  Dave decided we needed a taste of summer on Sunday so we made baby back ribs to eat after the football games.

I usually bake ribs low and slow for 3 hours, but today I decided to try them in my Instant Pot.  I can fit two racks of ribs in my pot, I cooked them for 25 minutes and then finished them under the broiler for 5 minutes to cook the sauce.  They were delicious!  And we needed a treat after the way the Packers lost to the 49ers.

Football season is over, bring on the baseball!

Instant Pot Baby Back Ribs
2 racks baby back ribs
2 Tbsp. Executive Chef, or your favorite seasoned salt

Barbecue sauce of choice, I used my homemade sauce

Pull silver skin off the back of ribs if it has been left on.  Cut racks in half.  Place the trivet in the IP, add 1 1/2 cups water, place ribs on the trivet.  Lock lid and close steam valve.  Cook for 25 minutes on high or meat setting.  After cooking time is over, let cool for 10 minutes, then quick release steam.  Remove ribs from IP and place on a baking sheet.  Slather with barbecue sauce and place under broiler for 3-5 minutes to caramelize sauce.

1 year ago:    Meet Franklin and Keto Bagels
5 years ago:  Walnut and Blue Cheese Poached Pear Salad
7 years ago:  New Cookbooks

January 23, 2020  Sunrise 10:05 am  Sunset 4:01pm  Temp H -11/ L -14°F

1 comment:

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.