Thursday, February 27, 2020

Wonder Bread Chaffle


I have been craving a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  I love peanut butter and now just eat a spoonful or eat it with some bell peppers.  But nothing beats a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Then, while we were binging on some Netflix, one of the shows we were watching made a lot of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.  I know it was just something for the actor to do while they were talking, but because I was craving a PB&J, I noticed it and it just made me want one more.

So, I found this recipe on Pinterest for "Wonder Bread Chaffle" and I decided to try it.  Now I thought these were called chaffles because it was a waffle with cheese?  But this recipe does not include cheese of any kind.  So I guess it is a maffle because it has mayo in it.  Name details aside, it was good and it was perfect for my peanut butter and jelly craving.  Next time I'll try grilled cheese with tomato soup.

My tiny Dash waffle maker is the perfect size for bread!



White Bread Chaffle
1 egg
3 Tbsp. almond flour
1 Tbsp. mayo
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. water

Heat waffle iron according to manufacture's instructions.

Mix egg, almond flour, mayo, baking powder and water.  Pour half the mixture into heated waffle iron allow to cook 3-4 minutes.  Repeat with the rest of the batter.
makes 2

1 year ago:    Raspberry Champagne Drink of the Week
5 years ago:  Lemon Mug Cake and the Lost Wedding Ring
7 years ago:  Hiding the Downton Abby DVDs and Pear Upside-Down Cake

February 27, 2020  Sunrise 8:08 am  Sunset 6:00pm  Temp. H -2/L -30°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.