Monday, August 17, 2020

Winning the Sweepstakes and Strawberry Mug Cake


I was working away one morning and the phone rang.  I answered it and a man with broken English informed me I just won Publisher's Clearinghouse.  He went on and on and I listened, he gave me his badge number, my claim number, said I won 3.5 million dollars, a car and a year's worth of insurance from State Farm.  Was I excited? he asked.

All I had to do was send $1,399.99, a fee my state required, and then he could send me the check.  I had heard enough and asked, "How can you live with yourself, trying to scam innocent people?"

"Oh, come on." was his reply.

I hung up. 

So I didn't really win 3.5 million dollars but I did have a little fun wasting the time of the scammer and hopefully took at least one person off his call list for the day.  And, I did spend about 3 minutes thinking about how I would spend that money, but I'm more of a realist and put those thoughts away.

And, being the realist that I am, I realize I need more cake in my life so I decided to re-institute Mug Cake Monday.  There are hundreds of keto mug cakes out there and I think I am the one to try them all.  So here is the first one I tried.  This is perfect with a cup of tea and 3 minutes to think about spending 3.5 million dollars!
The second mug cake waiting to be my breakfast on Tuesday!

Strawberry Shortcake Mug Cake
This makes two small mug cakes so I mixed in a bowl, divided and cooked in two mugs.
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. strawberry extract, optional
2 Tbsp. heavy cream or milk of choice
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 Tbsp. Swerve, or sweetener of choice
1/4 cup Almond flour
4 medium strawberries - finely diced, plus one for decoration if desired

In a small bowl, beat egg, vanilla, heavy cream, baking powder and sweetener.  Stir in almond flour until smooth.  Stir in the strawberries.

Divide batter into two mugs, the mug cake doubles in size while it cooks so choose mugs accordingly!

Bake the cakes, one at a time, on high for 60-90 seconds, start with 60 seconds and check then continue cooking, if needed in 15 second increments.

Cool 3-5 minutes.  Top with whipped cream and strawberry, optional.  Enjoy.

1 year ago:     Keto Cheesecake for My Two Year Anniversary
3 years ago:   Tired
5 years ago:   Fish On!
7 years ago:   Rhubarb Sauce

August 17, 2020  Sunrise 5:46 am  Sunset 10:00 pm  Temp. H 75/ L 50°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.