Monday, August 31, 2020

Peanut Butter and Chocolate Mug Cake


I'm a little sad today.  Today, the Prize Patrol was out, awarding someone with $7,000 a week for life, and it wasn't me.  I was really counting on that money so I could retire and move closer to the grandboys.  But no, I was not the happy recipient.  So, I'll have to continue working, visiting my grandboys when I can and console myself with cake.

This mug cake is a peanut butter lover's dream. I love the combination of chocolate and peanut butter.  This makes 2 mug cakes, but Dave doesn't like peanut butter so I guess that means I'll have to eat both of them myself.  Not as good as $7,000 a week for life, but it will do!

Peanut Butter and Chocolate Mug Cake

2 Tbsp. peanut butter, no sugar added
1 Tbsp.  butter
1 Tbsp. water
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1 Tbsp. Swerve, or sweetener of choice
5-7 drops of stevia, to sweetness desired
1 tsp. baking powder
3 Tbsp. almond flour
1 large egg
1-2 tsp. sugar free chocolate chips

In a microwave safe small bowl, add peanut butter, butter and water.  Microwave 30 seconds or until you can mix all the ingredients together and they are melted.  Mix well until creamed.

Stir in sweeteners, baking powder, almond flour and beaten egg.  Stir in chocolate chips.

Transfer to two microwave safe mugs.  Microwave each mug, separately, for 60 seconds or until center is cooked.

Serve with a drizzle of chocolate, whipped cream, or warmed peanut butter...or all three!
Enjoy

1 year ago:    The New Family Member and Keto Cheese Sticks 
7 years ago:   Cobb Salad and Putting Up the Winter Wood

August 31, 20202  Sunrise 6:30 am  Sunset 9:09 pm  Temp. H 60/ L 46°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.