Monday, August 24, 2020

Chocolate Mug Cake and the Last Camping Trip


I think I just had my last camping trip for the season.  Dave will be in Moose Camp starting next weekend until the end of September, and come October, it may be too cold.  So, I enjoyed the morning and evening campfires, went on a couple 4 wheeler rides, soaked in the view, and batted away the gnats that were everywhere!

It was also the weekend for 4-wheeler accidents.  Dave and I went out to get some firewood.  Mooree was running with Dave and I was a couple minutes behind.  I was about to turn off the trail to where the wood was and Mooree ran right in front of me.  I turned and hit a big hole, and the 4-wheeler went over.  I pushed off the wheeler, so it wouldn't land on me, and landed hard.  Dave had to turn my wheeler over by himself and drive me back to camp.  I took some good anti-inflammatory and had a nap, thinking I had messed up my fake hip.  Luckily, the meds worked and I limped around the rest of the day but no real damage.  I was thanking my lucky stars it wasn't worse. I did have a sore hip the rest of the weekend but Motrin and a couple dirty martinis helped.

And now that I'm home, chocolate cake helps.  I'm trying to keep that leg stretched, but not get it sore and a trip to the microwave to bake this little puppy up is just the medicine I need!  Chocolate helps everything.

Chocolate Mug Cake

2 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. Almond Flour
2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 Tsp. Erythritol
5-6 drops stevia, depending on sweetness desired
2 tsp. cocoa flour
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 large egg

Optional stir-ins:
mini chocolate chips
walnuts
almonds

Optional toppings:
sugar free chocolate syrup
whipped cream
heavy whipping cream
sugar free caramel
sugar free frosting

In a large mug or a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter.  Ads all the other ingredients and mix will.  Microwave for 60-70 seconds (start with 60 and then check, add 10 seconds until cake is completely baked).  Let cool slightly, top with sugar free chocolate syrup, heavy cream or whipped cream.
Enjoy

1 year ago:    Easy Cordon Bleu and the Toe Issue
3 years ago:   Zucchini Tots
7 years ago:   Happy Homemaker - Drink of the Week

August 24, 20202  Sunrise 6:08 am  Sunset 9:35 pm  Temp. H 64/ L 48°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.