Friday, December 9, 2011

Pear-tini and the 12 Days of Christmas

I hung up a Christmas quilt at work today.  Really, I cheated, I hung up the top of a Christmas quilt I made 7 years ago and have never gotten around to finishing it.  It is the 12 days of Christmas and it got me to thinking about that poor person who received those gifts  Really, can you imagine having to clean up after all those birds, then having to feed the dancers, pipers, maids and drummers?  As for myself, I'm hoping for a new camera and maybe the quality of my pictures will improve (but don't hold your breath, I'm sure it's not the camera).
So, in the spirit of the 12 days of Christmas poem/song the drink of the week uses pear puree.  What else would you do with that crowd at your house and a pear tree in the way?  Remember to enjoy in moderation and don't get any silly ideas about Christmas gifts.

Pear-tini
from Sandra Lee, Cocktail Time

1.5 oz tequila
1 oz. pear puree* or pear juice
1 oz. fresh lemon juice
3/4 oz. simple syrup
ice cubes


Place all ingredients in a shaker with ice.  Shake until very cold.  Strain into martini glass.  Enjoy.
*To make pear puree, use very ripe pears, core and blend in blender until smooth.


December 8, 2011   Daylight  4 hours,  7 minutes,  14 seconds     Current Temp.  20 ºF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.