Sunday, April 3, 2016

Six Sisters Peanut Butter Chocolate bars

I was home last weekend for a total of 23 hours.  Just long enough to sleep, let Dave do my laundry, and make these bars.

I did have to run to work, it was a Sunday, so I needed my fob to get in.  We moved into these new offices about a year ago and I was given weekend access because of my travel schedule.  I needed to leave paperwork from one trip and pick up paper work for the next trip, so off I went.

I searched the house for my fob.  I couldn't find it.  I searched through all the purses in my closet (yes, I have 8...don't judge), I searched the pockets of my coats, I searched the extra keys on the key holder.  I found one fob attached to some extra keys, so I took it.  I called the kids and I called Dave to see if they knew where my office fob was, they didn't.  I mentioned I found one attached to some keys, turns out that was my son's fob to get into his gym.

I had to get into my office, so I drove to the building and called the "to get in after hours" number on the door.  Luckily, there is always someone in our building; he went through the security protocol and came to the door to let me in.  I apologized for making him come to the door to let me in and said I "forgot" my fob.  He walked me to the door of our suite and used his CARD to open that too.  We don't have fobs, we have cards (fobs were from the last job I had, 3 years ago!), and mine was neatly tucked into a safe place in my wallet.  I was embarrassed and relieved all at the same time.  I went to my office, unlocked it with my key, dropped one set of paperwork and grabbed the new paperwork and was off.

I had to make a thank you for the guy who opened the door to the building for me.  He did have to stop what he was doing and let me in for no reason.  I owe him.  I'll be gone for 3 weeks before I get home for a couple days before I leave again.  I'll be home and in the office on a Friday, I won't need weekend access.  But if I ever do again, I won't forget that I have a card now.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars
Six Sisters blog

Bars:
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 cup butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
2.5 cups peanut butter, divided
2 cups old fashioned oatmeal
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt

Frosting:
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup milk
2 tsp. vanilla
3 Tbsp. cocoa
2-3 cups confectioners sugar

Heat oven to 350°F.

In medium bowl mix granulated sugar and brown sugar with the butter butter,  add vanilla, eggs, and 1 cup peanut butter, stir to combine.  Mix oatmeal, flour, baking soda and salt.  Add to the sugar mixture and stir well.

Spread mixture in a jelly roll pan (18"x 13").  Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown.  While hot, spread the rest of the peanut butter over the top by putting spoonful over the top and letting it soften and melt before spreading in an even layer.  Cool completely.

While bars are cooling, mix all the ingredients for the frosting with a mixer.  Spread frosting  over top  of peanut butter and cut into 48 bars.

1 year ago:    Grilled Flank Steak with Apricots and Almonds
2 years ago:  Lessons from the Road: If it is broke, leave it at home
3 years ago:  Beer Braised Pork Loin with Warm Red Cabbage
4 years ago:  French Onion Soup and Leaving Lily at the Vet.

April 3, 2016   Sunrise 6:57 am  Sunset 8:52 pm   Temp.  H 45/ L 25°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.