Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Feeling Blue and Blueberry Scones


Well it happened, my bestie snuck out of town while I was away for work.  Their plan was moved up because the stupid bank had to close early and they took advantage of it and headed down the highway before snow came.

I was in Arizona for work and one evening my husband texted me this.
She might have cried as she closed the front door, and I might have had to cry myself to sleep that night.  

So, I am home now and feeling a little blue. I figured that these blueberry and raspberry scones would be a good pick me up...and you know you can't cry with your mouth full.

Mixed Berry Scones

2 1/4 cups almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/3 cup  swerve
2 eggs
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
3/4 cup frozen mixed berries, or all blueberries (fresh or frozen)

Preheat oven to 350°F.  Line baking sheet with parchment paper.  
In medium bowl mix almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, salt and sweetener.
In a small bowl whisk eggs, cream, and butter.  Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well.  Fold in berries.
Turn dough out onto prepared baking sheet and pat into a 10 by 8 rectangle.  Cut into 6 squares and each square into two triangles for a total of 12 triangles.  Separate scones on baking sheet, giving about 2 inches space between pieces.  
Bake for 20-25 minutes until scones are golden.  Remove from oven and let cool.  Serve warm or room temperature with butter.

5 years ago:  Canning Tomatoes

September 18, 2018   Sunrise 7:22 am  Sunset 8:05 pm  Temp. H 56/ L 44°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.