Friday, September 13, 2019

Keto Sugar Cookies for a Birthday


My  across the street neighbor had a birthday this week.  She is obsessed with fitness, all things sparkly,  Hallmark channel movies, doughnuts and eating keto.  She is the person who got me to go to Fairbanks Fit Body Bootcamp before my body got old and gave out and she is a great neighbor. 

So, for her birthday I made keto cookies decorated like doughnuts.  I used my homemade sugar free sprinkles and sent a batch over to her to help her celebrate her birthday week. 

These sugar cookies make great cut-outs and I know I'll be making these again to decorate around Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Valentines Day.  They are delicious, hold their shape and are easy to work with. 

I hope my neighbor's birthday week got started off on a sweet note.

Keto Sugar Cookies
from Explorer Momma

Keto Frosting

4 Tbsp. butter, softened
4 oz. cream cheese
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1-3 Tbsp. heavy cream, depending on thickness desired
food coloring, if desired

Mix butter and cream cheese together until light and fluffy.  Add vanilla and about 1 Tbsp. heavy cream.  Mix, adding more heavy cream until desired consistency is achieved.  Color, if desired, and spread on cookies.



I HAD to try them, you know, to make sure they were good!
  
7 years ago: New Lights

September 13, 2019  Sunrise 7:06 am  Sunset 8:24 pm  Temp H69/ L 46°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.