Monday, January 6, 2020

Happy New Year


Happy New Year!

I know I'm a little late, but it has been a very busy year for me so far.  I went to meet my new grandson, EZ, the day after Christmas.  And after a wonderful week of new baby snuggles and playing with Gman I got home in the evening of Dec. 31, and I was sick.

Of  course urgent care wasn't open on New Year's Day, and I wasn't sick enough for the emergency room so on Jan. 2, Dave bundled me up and took me to the doctor, where I got a breathing treatment and some antibiotics and went home and slept for 2 days.  The meds kicked in and I started feeling better on Saturday. So, I figure I got my sick days out of the way early and I'm moving on to a healthy rest of the year.
And it is really cold.
Sunday was my birthday.  We had a friend over and we played cards, ate soup (that is what I chose for my birthday dinner) and I made a cheesecake with some blueberry swirled through it.  It was delicious and our friend couldn't tell it was sugar free.
Keto Blueberry Swirl Cheesecake.

So, now I'm back at work and ready for my birthday resolutions.  One resolution is to go 30 days alcohol free but I started that on January 2, because antibiotics, which means I get to have a cocktail on Super Bowl Sunday!
My nightly "cocktail"

I'm still working on figuring out some other resolutions, I'll keep you updated.

What resolutions are you working on this year?

1 year ago:    Happy New Year
3 years ago:  Happy New Year
5 years ago:  Espresso Caviar and Chocolate Mousse

January 6, 2020  Sunrise 10:46 am  Sunset 3:06 pm  Temp H -31/ L -35°F

1 comment:

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.