Thursday, May 14, 2020

Chicken Scaloppine


I don't know what is going on with work.  This is usually a time of the year where things slow down a little, especially since I didn't have any spring travel, but I am busier than ever.  I have all kinds of saved time, like a shorter commute to work and home, no line for the employee bathroom, I never have to wait for the microwave when I heat up my lunch and there isn't a line at the coffee pot so I don't waste time waiting or visiting.  So, why do I sit down, get to work and suddenly the day is over and I'm rushing to get dinner going? 

And to make matters worse, I didn't plan well last night.  I had lemon chicken planned for dinner with fried cauliflower rice, but when I started dinner, I didn't have any lemons!  So I had to come up with plan B.  The cauliflower rice turned into mashed cauliflower and the Lemon Chicken turned into Chicken Scaloppine.  I had everything I needed, thank goodness.

We had a sunny dinner and half way through Dave said it was good (high praise since he doesn't like chicken) and then he said he would eat it again!  You can bet I'll put this in the regular rotation, quick, easy and Dave likes it.

Chicken Scaloppine

2 chicken breasts
salt and pepper
avocado oil
8 oz. sliced mushrooms, I like baby bellas
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup chicken bone broth
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 Tbsp. juice from caper jar
1/8-1/4 tsp. xanthan gum
1 Tbsp. capers
chopped fresh parsley, for garnish

Heat sauté pan over medium heat, salt and pepper chicken on both sides, add oil to pan and brown chicken breasts on both sides.  Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.
Add mushrooms to pan and cook to let mushrooms release juices 3-5 minutes, add garlic stirring for about 1 minute.  Add bone broth to pan and deglaze pan, scraping any stuck bits to the bottom of the pan, add cream and juice from capers.  Return chicken to pan and simmer for 5-8 minutes.  Remove chicken and mushrooms from pan to serving plate.  Add xanthan gum to sauce to thicken (I like to start small and add more if needed - less is better here).  Once thick pour sauce over chicken and mushrooms, top with capers and parsley.  Serves 2.

1 year ago:    Keto Margarita
5 years ago:  The New "Camper"
7 years ago:  Manilla Clams and The Night I Almost Died

May 14, 2020  Sunrise 4:29 am  Sunset 11:08 pm  Temp. H 57/ L 42°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.