Monday, April 22, 2013

Parmesan topped Salmon


So, we are thinking about selling our house and downsizing.  I love my house, but it is too big for the two of us.  We have 4 bedrooms, a large living room, play room, family room and "pantry" that is really about 8'X20'.  We have a lot of room.  We are thinking about geting something smaller and not heating all those empty rooms.

But that does mean I have to clean house.  And keep it clean while it is on the market.  I just don't know if I can do that.  Housecleaning has never been at the top of my list.  Now, don't get me wrong, our house is mostly picked up and at a safe and healthy cleanliness level, but we do have 5 dogs and I would much rather bake than vacuum or dust.

So, one way to ease my stress, I have declared that we will grill dinner until our house is sold.  No, it isn't on the market yet, but grilling means Dave does most of the work and it will free me up for more housecleaning, at least that is what I'm telling Dave.

We started with parmesan topped salmon.  I love his dish.  The salmon picks up a bit of smoky flavor then, when it is almost finished cooking, it is topped with this cheesy topping that gets browned and bubbly.  This is a delicious dinner, good enough for company, and done on the grill.  It might give me enough time to think about dusting upstairs.

Parmesan Topped Salmon

1 salmon fillet, I leave it whole, but you can cut it into portions if you like
2 Tbs. mayo
2 Tbs. fat free greek yogurt
1 tsp. worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp. fresh thyme, oregano, or basil (1.5 tsp. if dried)
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese

Preheat grill.
Mix mayonnaise, yogurt, worcestershire sauce herb and parmesan cheese.   Set aside
Rinse fish and remove bones with a pair of tweezers check here to see how it is done.

Place salmon, skin side down, on double thickness of aluminum foil.  Place on grill.

Grill salmon 10 minutes, spread cheese topping over top of salmon, cover grill.  Continue grilling until salmon flakes easily and topping begins to brown.

April 22, 2013     Daylight 16 hours, 3 minutes, 8 seconds     Temp. H 43/L 18°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.