Friday, January 17, 2014

Birthday Soap Ball


For my birthday, the Baby boy gave me this lovely gift, with instructions...
Just because he is not smart enough not to eat his bath soap ball, doesn't mean I'm not smart enough to know better.  But, just to be safe, he did give me these instructions.

The "No gain holiday Challenge" didn't work out for me so well.  Um, yea I gained, donated my $$ to those skinny bitches  lovely friends that have some willpower, and celebrated with waffle brownies.

I saw this several years ago on t.v. (I think Rachel Ray) and there was a blog she was talking about where the blogger waffles everything!  Brownies, sandwiches, hashbrowns, mac and cheese... the list goes on, but it has been a couple of years since I looked.  You just have to go to "the google" (sorry, family joke) and search 'blogger that waffles everything' and you get The Waffleizer.
This is my mom's hand-me-down waffle iron.  It is huge!  I can waffle 4 full size sandwiches on this at once.
I made these at work that year, and put the waffle iron away.  I thought it would be fun for the Bboy and the chick, so we celebrated my success with 1) not eating my soap ball and 2) eating everything else so I lost my $ in the challenge.

Yes, I know how to make healthy choices....just not today (or last week, or last month...).

Waffle Brownies

Your favorite brownie recipe or mix
I used Baker's One Bowl Brownies, from the pkg. of unsweetened Baker's Chocolate

1 pkg. (4 oz) unsweetened chocolate
3/4 cup butter
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup flour
1 cup chopped nuts, optional

Melt chocolate and butter in microwave safe bowl.  Heat on high for 1 minute, stir, then 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating until chocolate is completely melted and mixed well.  Stir in sugar.  Blend in eggs and vanilla.  Stir in flour and nuts.

Heat waffle iron.  Spray with cooking spray, or brush lightly with melted butter.  Pour about 1/3-1/2 cup brownie batter on bottom and close lid.  Cook until batter is cooked or according to your waffle iron's directions.

I topped the kids' with cool-whip since they are dairy free.  I topped mine with ice cream...the low calorie kind. (As if)

1 year ago:  Lemon Panna Cotta with Strawberry Sauce
2 years ago: Homemade Marshmallows and 45 below

January 17, 2014   Daylight 5 hrs. 9 min. 24 secs.  Temp. H 23/ L 21°F



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.