Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Weaving Bacon

As a teacher, everyone always talks about the three R's, reading, 'riting, and 'rithmatic...which I never really got because two of those words are spelled and/or pronounced wrong and as a teacher don't you want to correct that?

So, I live by my rule of the three B's...butter, bacon, and beer.  Everything is better with at least one of the three B's. :)  A combination is even better.

I try to make a little easier on myself by having one night a week be soup and sandwich night.  Not Dave's favorite night for dinner, but I thought I could change his mind with this.  BLATs with bacon weaves.  It was really easy and he loved it.  Bacon will never be the same for us.
Cut bacon strips in half and weave
See how easy that is!
Place on a foil covered cookie sheet and bake at 375° for 15 min.
Flip bacon over and bake for another 10-15 min. or until your degree of desired crispiness.
Drain on paper towel.
Add to your sandwich.
Bacon in every bite!

Bacon Weaves

each weave needs three pieces of bacon, cut in half.

Lay three 1/2 pieces next to each other.  Weave the other three 1/2 pieces into the first three.  Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes.  With a spatula or tongs, turn the bacon over and bake for 10-15 minutes more or until the desired crispiness is achieved.  Drain on paper towels.  Enjoy.

1 year ago:   Orange Pound Cake
2 years ago: Packer-tini

January 15, 2014   Daylight 5 hrs. 9 min. 24 secs.    Temp.  H 5/ L 1°F




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.