Monday, January 13, 2014

Baked Brie with Pecans and Apricots



January is my birthday month...I celebrate all month.  I drink champagne, I go to lunch and dinner with friends, I have special nights at home to celebrate me...you get the picture.
So, I invited some friends over for drinks and another celebration and made this snack, apricot-pecan pastry wrapped brie.  I love this.  I like to bake it about 45 minutes a head of time so it cools enough to be warm but not ooze all out when you cut it.  It is also the easiest thing in the world to make.

So, if you are interested, come over  have some champagne a snack and help me celebrate my birthday month.  We have weeks left to go!  And by the way, I decided I was dyslexic and I'm 25 now.  (I think I'll be dyslexic for a couple of years but then it won't work in my favor so I won't have that problem anymore.)

Baked Brie with Apricots and Pecans
Because it is my birthday and I like it this way
1 wheel brie cheese
Simply fruit apricot jam
1 cut pecans, chopped
1 sheet puff pastry dough

Preheat oven to 400°F.

Cover cookie sheet with parchment paper.

Unfold puff pastry and roll with rolling pin to soften fold marks.  Cut top rind off cheese.  Top with chopped pecans and apricot jelly.  Fold pastry dough over top and seal with a little water.  Place on prepared cookie sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes until pastry dough is cooked and golden brown.  Let cool 45-60 minutes before cutting, or cut immediately and the cheese will ooze all over.

1 year ago:   Coq Au vin
2 years ago:  Corn Bread and plugging in your car

January 13, 2014   Daylight 4 hrs, 57 min, 56 secs  Temp: H --27/L -38°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.