Friday, May 23, 2014

Apricot Crumble and Hail

Some of my co-workers and I walk during lunch.  We hoof it down to the corner and back in about 30 minutes.  That is pretty good for 2 miles.  I feel very accomplished and usually reward myself with chocolate when I get back to the office.

Last Monday, there was just two of us, walking and talking about as fast as we could.  We were about half way back and the skies opened up and it began to rain and hail.  Yes, hail.  And it hurt.  My co-worker had her hair in a pony tail and she kept getting hit in the ears, and it hurt.  I just got a bunch of ice down my cleavage...nice.

So, I decided I needed more than just chocolate.  When I got home I made these apricot crumbles.  They were easy, warm and just the right size for a nice little treat.  They are easy to pop in the microwave to warm them up for tomorrow.  Let's just hope it doesn't hail at lunchtime.




Fresh Apricot Crumbles

9 med. to large apricots
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
pinch of nutmeg
3 biscotti cookies - crushed (I used the almond kind)
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
pinch of nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350°F.  Spray or butter 6 ramekins.

Cut each apricot into 8 slices.  Place in a medium bowl with brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.  Stir and let sit while you make the topping.

Mix crushed biscotti, butter and nutmeg.  Toss until well mixed.

Mix the apricot mixture again.  Divide into prepared ramekins.  Divide topping between the ramekins.  Bake for 20 minutes or until apricots are soft and bubbling.  Top with whipped cream or ice cream.

1 year ago:   Tornado Shelter and Family
2 years ago:  A letter to my Hero

May 23, 2014   Daylight 19 hrs. 37 min. 37 sec.   Temp. H 57/L36° F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.