Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Snickerdoodle Cookies


Nothing really spectacular is going on.  It is getting warmer, the Baby boy finished his first semester and has started on his summer classes.  The Chick is going to work every day, Dave is going to work every day, I'm going to work every day...same stuff another day.

Not that I find daily life boring or tedious.  Exactly the opposite.  I love routine, sameness, and schedules.  It does give me a sense of control.  And just about the time I am comfortable and moving along that is when it hits the fan....so I'm waiting.

While I wait, I bake.  One of my friends is having about 30 people come stay at her house.  They are from India and she makes wonderful Indian treats but not so much for American Treats.  Her friends are making their first trip to the U.S. and want to experience the joys of our country.  So I mixed up a batch of Chocolate Chip CookiesMolasses Spice Cookies, and these Snickerdoodle cookies.  I just mixed them up, made the cookie balls and froze them so my friend can bake them at home.  Her house will smell delicious, everyone can try warm cookies, and she can take all the credit for them, I told her to.

The Chick and Dave helped with the rolling of the Snickerdoodles, you roll them into balls and then into the cinnamon sugar mix, so I made a second batch for home, as a reward for them...the Chick and I will eat them, Dave doesn't like cookies so I'll have to eat his share!

Snickerdoodles

1 cup butter, softened
1 1/4 cup granulated sugar (divided)
1 large egg
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. baking soda
2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon (divided)
1/2 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 375°F.  Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.  Set aside.

For topping: mix 1/c cup granulated sugar and 1/2 tsp. in a small bowl.  Set aside.

For cookies:  In a large bowl using a mixer, cream the softened butter for about 1 minutes on medium speed.  Add 1 cup sugar and mix on medium speed for 3-5 minutes, until light in color and fluffy.  Mix in egg and vanilla.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, 2 tsp. cinnamon, and salt.  Add dry ingredients into the creamed butter in three parts.

Using a small scoop, or two teaspoons, roll dough into balls (about 2 tablespoons of dough), then roll balls into cinnamon-sugar mix.  Place on prepared cookie sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes until edges set and begin to brown.  Let sit on cookie sheet for one minute them move cookies to rack to cool completely.

1 year ago:    Barbie Shots - Drink of the Week
2 years ago:  Meet the Pups and Homemade Dog Biscuits

May 21, 2014   Daylight  19 hrs. 23 min. 58 sec.  Temp. H 57/ L 36°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.