Monday, May 26, 2014

Potato Chip Marshmallow Treats


I really like my alone time.  Dave always goes into moose camp for the month of September, and for the last 6 years or so, I have had the house to myself.  Now, I love my husband, but I love him so much more in October than I do in August.  This year the Baby Boy and the Chick will be here so I won't get my alone month....not too happy about that.  So, when everyone had plans for the weekend-away from home, I was thrilled, even though it left me in charge of the 7 4-legged friends.

I had great plans for my long weekend.  I always plant my yard and garden over Memorial Day weekend.  We are almost certainly safe from over-night freezes, or you can cover what you have planted if it is going to frost (yes, I have a set of blankets just for covering plants...it is like tucking them in to bed for the night).  This year Memorial Day was a little early, so planting was iffy.  Saturday was sunny and beautiful, even if it was only 58°.  I went to my favorite green house and purchased my plants (at least I'll tell Dave I'm done, I have to do it in a couple of trips because I can only fit 10 flats of plants in my Jeep at one time).  I got them home and unloaded, and as soon as my back was turned, the dogs ate most of the lettuce and the cabbage plants...crap.

I did get a few things planted and decided to leave the rest for Sunday...only to wake up Sunday to clouds, wind, and it's-too-damn-cold-to-work-outside weather.  I did have a backup plan, I was going to wash the walls in the living room, and bleach the kitchen.  I like to do that every once in a while - for fun- 'cus I'm fun like that and have a full social life.  So I sat and drank coffee, read a few magazines, colored my gray roots (because, who can wash walls with tacky gray roots?), and then made these cookies.  Yes, I great for having a plan but I don't always follow it.

I saw these on Pinterest.  I guess I didn't pin it because I thought, who can't make rice krispy treats and just sub out the cereal for potato chips....so who ever I stole this from, THANK YOU.

These are beyond awesome.  They are sweet and salty, gooey and crunchy, a little taste of heaven.  And, because I am home alone, I had to eat them all.  So much for the shake cleanse I was going to do...along with the living room walls.  Nope, I sat watching movies (my niece taught me how to find movies on my cable!) and eating these.  I'm planning on making another batch to take to work sometime this week, they are so freaking good.

I guess the walls will get done on the next long weekend.

Potato Chip Marshmallow Treats

 3 Tbsp. butter plus more for preparing pan and for hands
1 16 oz. bag mini marshmallows
6 cups ruffled potato chips, slightly crunched (crush then measure)

Heavily butter a 8" x 8" pan.  Keep some softened butter handy for using on your hands.

Melt butter in large, thick bottomed pot.  Add marshmallows and stir until melted.  Pour in crushed potato chips and stir until completely covered.  Spread into prepared pan with buttered hands, pressing lightly.

Let cool completely.  Cut into squares.

1 year ago:   Discipline in an Elementary School and Jalapeno Poppers for the Grill
2 years ago:  Beginning of Summer and Individual Peach Pies

May 26, 2014   Daylight 19 hrs. 57 min. 45 sec.   Temp. H 66/ L 46°F

1 comment:

  1. I think I just died a little! Must try soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.