Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Breaking the House Rules



When my kids were younger, we had to have a lot of house rules...no singing at the table, no wearing only underwear in the living room, no leaving the house without brushing your teeth and hair, no talking with your mouth full...you get the idea.

Well, Sunday morning I broke some house rules.

It started like any other Sunday morning.  I let the dogs out and fed them.  Worked out on my bike.  Made a cup of coffee and read my friend Suzanne's blog posts.  Then I started to make some Monkey bread and this carrot cake for Dave's birthday.  I made the bread dough and was ready to make the cinnamon sugar to roll the dough in and I found that I had NO SUGAR!  How could I have no sugar?  That is unheard of for me.  I'll run out of toilet paper, laundry soap, or coffee before I would run out of sugar!  There was nothing for me to do but run to the store.  Now it was about 7:15 in the morning, I hadn't brushed my hair or my teeth and I had already worked out without taking a shower yet, but I was in a hurry and needed to get this bread into the oven since it had already risen once, so I threw on my crocks (Dave says I'm not supposed to wear them out of the house) and ran to the store, hoping I wouldn't run into anyone I knew.  I did make it in and out of the store without meeting any friends or talking to anyone (you gotta love self check out), and was home finishing up the monkey bread within about 15 minutes.

I will say, I have never left the house before today without brushing my teeth or hair.  I don't know if it was pure desperation or now that I am older, I really don't care that much.  I'll have to muddle that one over for a while.

2 years ago:  Busy Evenings and Bahn Mi Sandwiches
3 years ago:  Parmesan Tilapia and why I fix this recipe with cod now.
4 years ago:  Protein Balls and Fit Body Bootcamp

March 15, 2016  Sunrise 8:07 am  Sunset 7:45 pm  Temp. H 23/ L 1˚F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.