Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Carrots in the spring

I'm home for a couple of days and we needed to celebrate Dave's birthday.  He loves carrot cake, so I grabbed the bag of carrots out of the garage fridge.  I usually buy a big bag from the carrot man at Christmas and it lasts us until spring.  This year, the Hippy Boy gave us his bag before he left for vacation in December, so we had two very large bags.  I guess I don't use carrots as much as I should.

They were all trying to grow, in their damp, plastic bag.  I took what I needed, peeled them and they were fine.  I stuck a couple of paper towels in the plastic carrot bags, hoping I could stave off more growth, or at least mold, until I get home for a couple of days and I can use carrots.  I see when I get home we will have carrot cake,  carrot soup, carrot salad, and I do have a recipe for carrot martinis!

Happy spring!

2 years ago:   Lessons from the Road

March 23, 2016  Sunrise7:38 am  Sunset 8:18 pm  Temp H 39/ L 12°




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.