Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Keto Hamburger Buns

I wanted a cheeseburger.  I wanted to grab one and take a big bite, bun and all.  I wasn't craving bread, I haven't missed it at all, I was craving just eating a burger with pickles, lettuce, cheese, and having a big bite.  So I decided to try one of the many keto bun/bread recipes I've seen on Pinterest and in my keto cookbooks.  I've decided they are o.k. for a bun, but I also tried it toasted and it wasn't my favorite.  Dave didn't mind it for a bun but he didn't want to try it as toast.

The key is to really beat the egg whites until they are stiff and dry.  I have these rings I used as molds, they used to be used to make english muffins, and they are perfect for this.  You don't need molds or you could cut the top and bottom off a tuna can and use that.

There are a million different recipes for keto buns, cloud bread, low carb buns.  I'll try some others too, but right now these hit the spot.  And so did the moose cheeseburger.


Fill the ring with batter.

Carefully remove the ring, you have the perfect bun size.

Smooth the top for even baking.

3 buns ready for he oven.

Three keto buns, waiting for dinner

Moose cheese burger with a keto bun.


Look at this handsome guy.  He is so good looking I can
forgive him for wearing a white undershirt to the dinner table.


Keto Buns
The 30 day Ketogenic Cleanse, Maria Emmerich

Find the recipe in this book:

3 years ago:   Better Than Sex Mug Cake

February 7, 2018   Sunrise 9:15 am  Sunset 4:55 pm  Temp. H -11/ L -23˚F



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.