Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Chocolate Chip Cookies

WARNING!  TMI about Boobs, my boobs, well really my fake boob.

I don't know what it is about my body, but it sure doesn't like getting this new breast.  Four days after I finished the routine antibiotic everyone gets put on for this surgery I woke up at 4:00am really uncomfortable.  I waited until 6:00am and went downstairs to call the Dr. office (this was a Saturday morning and I woke up the poor dr. on call, because you can do so much at 6:00am Saturday when nothing in the world is open and the doctor's office is over 350 miles away).  We talked about my symptoms and he said he would call in a prescription for me AS SOON AS THE PHARMACY OPENED. (He didn't yell it, he was oh, so kind and even when I apologized for waking him up, he said he was glad I called and just focus on getting well.  I was just a dork and wasn't thinking when I called him so damn early).

Well, I had some coffee, read my daily devotion, cried because I felt bad and was having a pity party (I'm allowed once in a while) and I knew I wouldn't be able to go have coffee with Donna...I was really crying.  I woke Dave up at 9:00 to get my meds, Dave had to call Donna to say that I couldn't make it and I went to bed.  Dave woke me up to take the two new antibiotics and I slept through Saturday and Sunday.  Dave did wake me up for the last 40 seconds of the Super Bowl so I could see who won.

This is the beginning of our very busy time at work, so I get up and check email while I drink my coffee at home.  Go to work for as long as I can, go home and take a nap, and then work from home for a bit before I go to bed.  The bug drugs (what Donna calls antibiotics) are doing their job, I'm starting to feel better and the swelling is going down.  I'm hopeful that when the two weeks are over, and then four more days just to be sure, the infection will be gone and I'll be cleared to start my travel season because I have a stop planned in Seattle to see Grayson and his people on my first trip.  I'll be really bummed if I have to stay home and send someone else.

So, as part of my "taking care of myself and getting well" routine, I'm giving myself lots of treats!  I have my favorite breakfast of cream cheese waffles, at lunch I get dessert (this week it is chocolate blender mousse) and I put some sugar free chocolate syrup in my coffee in the morning that I got in my Keto Krate last month (YUM!)

I love these double chocolate cookies from Peace, Love and Low Carb (I've made them about 16 times), but it was time to try a new cookie recipe.  I found these on Keto Connect and thought they would be the perfect treat for me this week.  I can even put some in a baggie in my purse for after my doctor's visit in Anchorage to check on the infection (Can I take 2 cookies through security these days?).

Chocolate Chip Cookies
Keto Connect, Blog

1 1/2 cups almond flour
1 Tbsp. beef gelatin
1/2 cup Swerve granular sweetener, or sweetener of choice
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
1/2 cup sugar-free chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner.

In a small bowl, whisk together almond flour, beef gelatin, Swerve and  baking powder.

In a large bowl combine the melted butter, egg and vanilla extract using a whisk.  In two batches add the dry ingredients to the wet and combine until uniform.

Fold in the chocolate chips.  Using a cookie scoop, make 16-20 cookies, depending on your size preference.

Bake cookies for 15 minutes or until golden brown on top.  Allow to cool for 20 minutes before eating.  Enjoy

2 years ago:   Ricotta Cheesecake for Suzanne's Birthday
3 years ago:   Lemon Mug Cheesecake and the Lost Wedding Ring
5 years ago:   Fried Dill Pickles

February 20, 2018  Sunrise 8:31 am  Sunset 5:39 pm  Temp. H 30/ L 18°F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.