Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Celebrating and Chocolate Blender Mousse

I am celebrating all week this week.  We are leaving on Friday to spend Christmas with Grayson and his people.  Dave is counting down the sleeps for me.  Every night I say good-night, he responds with, "Nine more sleeps." or "Eight more sleeps."

Today will be two more sleeps until we see him, three sleeps for Gman because we get in way after his bedtime and while I'll take a peek at him sleeping, I won't wake him up (on purpose).

We are only staying for the long weekend and coming home on Tuesday, the house sitter shouldn't have to put up with our dogs for too long in one sitting...they are naughty dogs while we are gone.  I'll leave some extra treats for them so they behave and for the house/dog sitter to make it more bearable!
We will be having Christmas dinner with Gman and His People and I know there will be LOTS of goodies around.  So I am taking the dry ingredients for this with me in a little baggie (chopped chocolate, Swerve, cocoa powder, expresso and xanthan gum) and I can blend it together with the rest of it at Gman's People's house.  Then I'll have a delicious dessert and won't be tempted by anything.

So, I won't be visiting with you until we get home and by then the light will have started to return to the interior of Alaska (I think we gain 14 seconds on Dec. 22).  So happy Solstice, Merry Christmas, I hope you enjoyed Hanukkah, Diwali, and will enjoy Kwanzaa or how ever you celebrate this time of year.  I'll be enjoying Christmas morning watching Gman play with the wrapping paper of the very expensive present we bought him.

Peace, love and joy to all.

Chocolate Blender Mousse
Carolyn Ketchum The Everyday Ketogenic Kitchen

2 oz. unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup Swerve confectioners'-style sweetner
2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. instand espresso powder
1/4 tsp. xanthan gum
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk or cashew milk
1/4 cup unsalted butter
2 large eggs

In a blender, combine the chocolate, sweetener, cocoa powder, espresso powder, and xanthan gum. Pulse a few time to combine.

In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the cream, milk, and butter.  Bring to a full boil, them immediately pour the scalded cream mixture into the blender and blend until smooth.  quickly add the eggs to the blender and blend again until smooth.  Pour the mousse into 4 dessert cups and chill for at least 1 hour to set.
Makes 4 servings (but it is very rich and next time I'm dividing it into 5 servings)

Tips: make sure the cream-milk mixture is really hot when you add it to your blender, and work quickly to add the eggs.  Eggs are raw in this recipe, but adding them to the hot liquid "cooks" them a bit.  If you are worried about raw eggs, use pasteurized eggs.

Use good unsweetened chocolate like Ghirardelli or Lindt.  Baker's chocolate is more prone to seizing in this recipe.

5 years ago:  My New Nativity

December 20, 2018   Sunrise 10:57 am  Sunset 2:39 pm   Temp. H 21/ L 15˚F

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment or share an idea. Hearing from you really brightens my day.